Thursday 7 May 2009

Sulk

Sulking, I feel, is rather underrated. It is demonised. 'Are you sulking?' we ask, trying to make the person feel or look silly.

Well, I need to sulk, I think I need to take about two weeks to have a massive sulk. I'm fed up with meetings, I'm even more fed up with meetings that are drawn out when they could be contracted, I'm fed up with having to challenge what is wrong and not being appreciated for it, I'm fed up with being undervalued at work when I have increased bookings, I'm fed up with not being listened to by people who should be intelligent enough to listen and I'm fed up with people on TV using sexist language and people thinking it's ok. I'm fed up with awful grammar. I'm fed up with twats who can't read signs, who think it's ok to talk on their stupid phone whilst they drive, who don't give a stuff about the environment and with people who drivel.
In short, I'm just, generally, fed up.

So my answer to this is to have a sulk. Like a holiday, only I won't go anywhere, I'll just inform people I'm having a sulk and I'm not coming out to play. I won't go to meetings, I won't be polite to people and I'll fecking bite their heads off when they don't use adverbs, or say things like 'less' when they mean 'fewer' and 'too much' when they mean 'too many' and if they call me a guy. Oh, I already bite their heads off for that one, but I'll actually shout at them.

And I won't pussy foot around people who are actually insane, but I don't want to push them over the edge, instead, I'll sing that Queens of the Stone Age track, 'Everybody knows that you're insane,'

That's my plan, a massive, self-indulgent, wallowing, sulk. I just haven't yet decided when.

17 comments:

Raymond's Brain said...

I sure hope you give us sufficient warning.

Schneewittchen said...

:))

Sleepy said...

Let me know when it is and I'll come out in sympathy with you.
Although, I seem to do much of what you're planning in the course of my normal day.

Schneewittchen said...

Sleepy, there's no-one whose support I value more in this! And with you being more practised at what I want my behaviours to be, you can coach me in the ways of the ultimate sulk.

Anonymous said...

I tend to be annoyed by most things and most people at all times. Of course, this seems to cause some people to block me on facebook but it's the price I pay. And really, i would like to add that hormonal fluctuations the size not seen since I was a teenager do not help.
- Karen

Sleepy said...

Excellent! I look forward to a start date.

Karen... Nothing a spine shattering shag wouldn't sort out mate.
I promise you.

Schneewittchen said...

In fairness, I can't think of much that a spine-shattering shag doesn't sort out.
Well, maybe a bad back....

Sleepy said...

It's true, it does cure 'all that ails ya!
Even with a bad back!

Anonymous said...

i will get on looking for a shag immediately.
- Karen

Schneewittchen said...

Who knew you could block people on Facebook.....????

Sleepy said...

And where will you be looking?

Anonymous said...

you can block people from even finding your name when they search for you. My former I guess friend, Charleen, has blocked me for some reason. who knows why. Well, she is part of the Judy-Kristina-work Michele group so who knows what she has been told. but still. sheesh.
Sleepy, I will probably look in sleazy bars or perhaps to the homeless.
- Karen

Sleepy said...

Crikey!
Try women before the homeless!
Although, there is no Facebook problem with the homeless.

Schneewittchen said...

Homeless women are a better bet anyway, since there are fewer shelters for them, ergo, probably easier to find.

I think it's probably good to be blocked by someone called Charleen. No good can ever come of it.

Sleepy said...

Yeah! Good call.
Definitely go for homeless women, they won't have much to move in after the 2nd date.

Some people are pissed off with Facebook and are leaving in their thousands.
Does that mean that people who don't belong to Facebook have automatically "Blocked" you looking for their name?

Also, what did you do to make her block you?

Sleepy said...

Come on Karen!
Come out to play........

Sleepy said...

Come on Karen!
Not even for my birthday?