Wednesday 2 May 2007

Wrinkles

This little beauty is bog laurel, and it is quite, quite poisonous if ingested. So don't ingest it then I hear you say. I won't, however it grows in amongst another similar looking plants that have medicinal properties, how cunning, although I can't work out how it benefits the plant to be accidentally ingested.

I signed a petition online for pro-choice rights. It's a pretty cool website, because it scrolls through the names of all those who have signed, of course I can't not sit and watch them all scrolling past until my own name comes up, well, seriously, who wouldn't? And then there is the fridge light phenomenon, does it still scroll when I'm not watching it?

There is a very short, sharp little article from Zoe Williams in the Guardian, showing the misogyny that Hillary is being subjected to. Once again, it seems, Hillary cannot be taken seriously because of her husband's wandering willy. Well, to be honest, I didn't even think Bill's wandering willy made him any less of a politician, so I sure as hell don't think it affects his wife's suitability.

I have received a totally unsolicited horoscope for May and it is worrying me. Its impact is lessened by the bizarre syntax of the thing and the author's inability to capitalise the word 'I'. Apparently, until the 14th of May I am at risk of being falsely accused of something. But here's the thing - maybe I wouldn't even know! Being falsely accused is bad enough, but not knowing about it would really suck.

So, Boots the Chemist are expecting a stampede for their face cream that really does beat the signs of ageing. The cream has apparently been endorsed by none other than the BBC2 Horizon programme. But here's the thing, wrinkles are only part of the story of ageing. Can the miracle cream stop your face from succumbing to gravity? I think not.

I have to go back to work for a meeting. Now that's a wrinkle I'd like to iron out.

2 comments:

LentenStuffe said...

Fortunate for the Bog Laurel it doesn't grow in the Amazon where famished French trekkers might chance upon it.

If Hilary can succeed in playing the feminist card, then more power to her, though I suspect her candidacy will have very little to do with the merits of that movement. And if it is perceived in any way to threaten her campaign, she'll dump it quicker than one can say, 'I did not have sexual relations with that woman ...' Afterall, she's no Tammy Wynette.

Sleepy said...

Until someone tests that cream on scrotum, I remain unconvinced.