Friday 21 March 2008

Clean Friday

Amidst the chaos of the week, I received a letter from England. It's addressed to me personally and informs me that my teaching skills are needed back in the classroom. They taunt me with the lowest salary I might expect to earn, so even if I went back without management responsibilities, I'd still be earning 3½ times what I earn now. 'Come back to teaching' they emphasise in bold letters and they look forward to hearing from me.
Oh the irony, the bloody irony.
I'm going to photocopy it and spread it about a bit. I'm also going to bang on about it endlessly to everyone.

Considering it's Good Friday, I haven't done anything particularly Good Friday-ish, although I've done an awful lot of cleaning, and we all know that cleanliness is next to Godliness. And if it isn't close to Godliness, then it's certainly next to Kim and Aggie-ness, the goddesses of the bog brush.

Tomorrow, my daughter is getting confirmed in Southwark cathedral. I wish I could be there for her, I will be of course, just not physically.
And tomorrow my nephew returns to us from Whistler. I'm pretty glad he's organised transport, and thus I'm spared the drive up there and back.

No comments: