Thursday 13 March 2008

Squishing

A couple of the so-called routine medical tests that we women have to endure entail equipment that resemble quite closely mediaeval torture devices. I know this because I went to a museum that displayed such torture devices in Rudesheim.
And of course I am a woman.

Now, I am fortunate enough to have crossed the age threshold to a new test, the mammogram. I was, quite frankly, dreading it.

Kevin took me, and I was glad he did, my concentration wasn't 100%. Plus I was mightily glad of the support.
And the truth was, it was uncomfortable, but it wasn't awful. It was well set up. There was a breast-screening section near to one of the entrances to the hospital. The process was calm and efficient. The technician was courteous and reassuring. The test itself was quick.

I hope that screening technology will improve so that in the future women don't have any of that discomfort, but it was nowhere near as horrid as I'd anticipated and for that, I'm glad.

2 comments:

Sleepy said...

Glad it all went well.
We are very up on all things breast related in this house!

Schneewittchen said...

Thanks. I'm always glad of your household advice on all things female related :)