Monday 23 March 2009

Homecoming

A useful tip for ensuring that the traffic lights are always on green, is to have your camera beside you on the seat, ready and waiting to take a pic. Thus, I had to take my only opportunity and couldn't do much about the ugly monster car in front of me.

The hummingbirds have returned to the Nature Park. I have to take this on trust, since I haven't seen one myself, but the first sighting was yesterday. At last. They're normally here by St. Patrick's day, and whilst they were overdue, I was picturing them on one of those in-flight screen maps you get, winging their little way up from Mexico, their wings beating 900 times in ten seconds. Or 600, depending on how tired they are.
We call it the hummingbird homecoming, but I wonder how they think of it. Meh - maybe they do think of BC as their home - it is where they come to nest and fledge their young.

After a second beautiful, spring-like day yesterday, wet and cheerless today.

1 comment:

Sleepy said...

I love those mountains!