Tuesday 17 March 2009

Mad Week

Mad week, mad.

Kevin sicker than a parrot.
Sunday, every weather condition known to humanity.
Sunday, visited Kev's folks.
Monday, Writers' group.
Tuesday, Church council.
Wednesday, Lent Meditation which I am leading this week.
Thursday, Wine bottling and shopping.
Friday, out and about to Science World and the Space Centre, then my friends' kiddie's birthday in Vancouver.

But in amongst all that, I was stopped in my tracks, as Kevin, barely able to sit up and take sustenance has a fit over the Pope's latest piece of trash-talk.

Oi! Pontiff-Plonker! Pay attention!
If African people use condoms, it WILL stop the spread of AIDS, it won't make it worse and I thought we'd agreed (well I did) that The Bible isn't a science textbook, and if it were, there wouldn't even be a line about AIDS, let alone a whole chapter that you could mis-interpret.

Just...STOP SAYING THINGS.

3 comments:

Sleepy said...

Get well soon Kev!

Welcome to my world of gut churning hatred for the Supreme Pontiff of the Catholic and Apostolic Church!

Sleepy said...

I stopped myself on my first comment.
But it needs to come out, it's killing me....

Get well soon KevLAR!

Schneewittchen said...

Haha, well, he managed a half smile at that. Poor Kev, he's had a rotten time of it, Shingles - which involves heavy duty anti-virals and now the gastric lurghi. NOT a happy camper.

I'm sending you another load of papist bull that Margaret just sent me.