Monday 7 September 2009

Whisky's Maiden Voyage

I like this picture because it reminds me of one of those e-mail clips that go around from time to time, where you are lulled into a false sense of something or other and then a figure pops up in the foreground and goes, 'Boo!'

Whisky got his sealegs today, only...on a lake. We went to Deer Lake because we knew it was neither deep nor was there a current, so it was as safe as it could be.

First time out, he whined for a while, but didn't really make too much of a fuss. After about an hour and a half, we returned to shore and had some sarnies. I managed to drop mine, but caught it between my knees. This turned out to be serendipitous, because this time, Whisky didn't even whine, he just licked the mayonnaise from my legs and then went to sleep on my jumper in the hull - which is why you can't see him in the picture.

Around 16.00, the skies opened up. I was happy as a pig in muck, I covered Whisky with my rain jacket, but then there was a roll of thunder. The rental place called all their boats in and we decided to call it a day.

No comments: