Wednesday 6 January 2010

Rossi and Rossie

Portia di Rossi - awesome in 'Better off Ted'.

Decs came down yesterday - natch, although even had it not been twelfth night, I'd have done it to spite Vanoc.
VANOC. They told us we should all leave our Christmas lights up until after the Olympics. What? And provoke the ire of the Celtic gods? I don't think so.

My Epiphany? Since Epiphany it is. Na, still working on it. Sometimes an epiphany doesn't come along just like that, sometimes it has to mull and brew and stew and then mature a while.

So, the Jonathon Ross show is on a short cycle and we were back to the one with Tom Cruise and Stephen Fry last night. Tom Cruise's sheer, utter 'wtf?' expression when Rossie asks him whether he wafts the duvet or locks it down when he farts in bed. Classic. Fecking classic.

I am SO jealous of the snow in the UK. Still, on the other hand, I wouldn't have been able to get out of the country, and then I'd have missed ...er...something. Food probably, from the sound of the news reports on telly.
Of course, as ever, the reportage is all south-centric.
'They don't have many snow ploughs in the UK,' no, wrong, we don't have many in the south, just a lad on the back of a truck, sitting on a pile of sand. But up north - oh, they have 'em. Well, more than one anyway, oh yes, they have snow ploughs.

I am reading the Booker prize winner for 2009, 'Wolf Hall' by Hilary Mantel.It is INCREDIBLE. I am having to ration myself so that it lasts as long as possible.

No comments: