Thursday 24 April 2008

Shoes

Whilst Kevin was collecting his new pot rack from Sears, (yeah, no, not THAT kind of pot rack) I snuck into Sportchek to check out their sale. And lo. Was this not a sign from the demi-god of shoe shopping? The boots I have been stopping myself from buying all winter were not only reduced, but there was only one pair left, and they were my size.
Who could not buy them on that basis I ask you?

As I was gloating over my acquisition, I chortled to read that Gwyneth Paltrow was being ridiculed for wearing seven inch heels. It seems she had to lean on someone to be able to teeter in them. I can't help wondering how tall she must be to start off with. If I wore seven inch heels I would be six foot one. So if I were to have a tall hair day at the same time, I would tower above the populace.

This comes after a post on the Urban Feminist website, about how women's attractiveness has frequently been linked with and judged on how uncomfortable their clothes are.
The F-Word site also talks about an event in New Jersey in which men wore high-heel shoes to better understand some women's issues.

I'm no Imelda Marcos, and I'm certainly no Carrie Bradshaw, but I do probably own more pairs of shoes than I need to.
But in the whole lot, I don't have a pair I can't walk in.

1 comment:

Sleepy said...

Ooooh! Thems proper boots!