Friday 17 October 2008

Little Gem

I have discovered a little gem.
I'm sure I'm the last person on the planet to do so but right now, I'm chuffed with the Book Depository. Yeah, no obviously not that book depository.
I didn't mention it until the book arrived, but ten days or so ago, I wanted to get a book from the UK. I compared prices on Amazon.ca; Amazon.co.uk and then found out about this place. It undercut both on price and delivers anywhere free.
They delivered one book (ie I didn't have to buy enough to make up $30 or whatever) free to me from Quedgeley in Gloucester, UK to Richmond, BC, Canada.
To say I'm impressed would be a major understatement.

The Book Depository.
No U.S. President has been ever shot from its windows and Schneewittchen endorses it.

Having been scornful about the Canadian Liberal Party, I have to say that I do have time for the Province's top banana, Gordon Campbell, a liberal who has shown some actual leadership and pioneered the unpopular Carbon Tax on gas. You really have to live here to understand why that's exceptional, 'being unpopular' is usually an argument for stopping doing something here.
He has also been on TV a couple of times, as he was this morning, pushing green actions, reminding us of what we can all be doing.
Good man, I respect that.

5 comments:

Sleepy said...

Ooooh! I like The Book Depository muchly.

Schneewittchen said...

I'm totally impressed so far, but then I've only bought one book from them - still, Chapters have taken longer getting me a book from a store somehwere else in the country.

Sleepy said...

I'm loving The Book Suppository even more now!

Schneewittchen said...

:)) Well, many of the books that come into Sleepy Mansions, do end up in the toilet, in a manner of speaking.

Anonymous said...

It is a gem, thank you kindly for pointing it out.
- Karen