Thursday 30 October 2008

Mental Moments

Finally, it rained. Both Vancouver and Richmond are beautiful in the rain. The five day forecast is all about the rainfall. The leaves were tumbling from the trees today and being gently cushioned by a light wind as they fell.

There was a picture of Baghdad on the news this morning. Women are starting to abandon the hijab. That's a great sign.
Taking off the horror costumes for Halloween.

The Graun asks, 'Who should replace Ross and Brand on radio 2?' My answer is, 'Sleepy and me'. Apart from the fact that for some reason it's radio 2, I mean, hello? Isn't this the supermarket music channel? Sleepy could pitch and I'd rein in. We're much cheaper, in fact, even if we were as famous as them, we'd be cheaper because we're lasses.

Actually, if they don't want us, Rossie has a stunning (yeah, I know, it's radio), intelligent and articulate wife. Maybe she could do it.

Darcey Burner, we're told on the TV ads, doesn't have an Economics degree. That's it, that's the WHOLE message. Another candidate called Christine Gregoire, sets fire to money. The whole bloody thing is nuts right now. Who pays for these ads? Why, 'Dino Rossi for Governor' of course.

Have I introduced you to Witch Hazel? She's a Mensch. She rocks. And she's bloody exhausting. I welcome her visits, but I'm glad when she goes back into the box. Bless her.
Tomorrow will be mental.
You can ask any kid here 'what they are wearing for Halloween' and you'll get an answer, just as if it were an actual, complete question. Manana, they'll be in costume when they come in to see the play.
Like the Rocky Horror Show for ankle-biters.
Mental.

4 comments:

Sleepy said...

Oooh Yeah!
Can we phone Ross and tell him I've debauched his daughter?
It'd be sooo funny!

Janis Hindman said...

Woah girl! Not til I've checked the ages of the Ross kiddies, until then, it's just prank calling about the wife. In fact you may actually quite like to do some field work there.

Sleepy said...

The wife has oddly coloured hair and peculiar fashion sense.

Schneewittchen said...

Last time I saw her on TV, she did have bright red hair, tis true, but I thought she might be over that by now - evidently not. Clothing - meh, I can more or less ignore anything except High Chav.