Wednesday 15 October 2008

Whimsy

Weddings - never been a fan.
If anything, I thought mine and Kev's was as cool as it gets. We were married in the dining room - well, more of an Essecke - at Schloss Schnee with just five other people present, but webcast throughout the world - well, Schneewelt.

We had had to time it carefully. It had to be late enough that Kev's best friend could get back from whatever acting assignment he was on, and it had to be early enough for the UK to still be awake.
It could, of course, have been anytime of night for Sleepy, who has Extreme Insomnia, but for the rest of our friends and rellies, it seemed reasonable to not keep them up past the witching hour, so we plumped for 15.00 our time, 23.00 GMT.

By the end of our evening, I had photos sent from Sleepy Mansions, of the Housemates sitting on their sofa and watching us on their TV screen. So cool.

But last night, I saw on TV, an even cooler wedding than ours, or maybe...as cool. I have never seen anything quite as delightful and magical as the wedding of Natasha and Spike on Jam and Jerusalem. Everyone wore fairy wings as though they were the most natural thing in the world - which they are - and the fun of it made everyone un-self-conscious and all were smiling and laughing.

Yeeeees. I know they're actors.

I wish more real weddings were whimsical like that.

At work, I have a Richmond City calendar, which is crammed with every conceivable important day from every conceivable religion. Well maybe not Jedi, but I'm thinking of putting in a complaint about that being missed out.
Anyway, I noticed that 22nd October is Simchat Torah. That'll mean something to someone.

Every time I publish a new blog post, blogger reminds me that it now keeps all of my photos in a gallery and I can view them as a slideshow. Finally I got around to doing that and I am spellbound by it.
Every picture, as they say, tells a story.
I can't even remember whose album that was.

4 comments:

Sleepy said...

Your wedding was fucking wicked!
We had flowers round the TV and everything.
There were also photos of us around the tv having our photo taken 'with' the happy couple!

Simcaht Torah... Rejoicing in the Torah.
It's the end of the readings for the year.
Were back to Genesis 1 and will keep going til Deuteronomy 34, this time next year.
Shalom.

Sleepy said...

Excuse spelling mistakes, but haven't slept!

Schneewittchen said...

See I would have thought Simchat was when the whole local Jewish community came round to Sleepy Mansions for a chinwag.

Sleepy said...

Hahahaha! Simchat Piss up!