Tuesday 7 October 2008

Octoberish

Feeling a little Octoberish and I don't want to waste it.
I have made soup, this doesn't come into the category of cooking for me, soup, I can do.
If only it were a little cooler, I'd be wearing a long scarf in the style of the Romantic Poets.
I feel like going for long walks, although since that's more or less what my job entails, that's not too hard most of the time.
I feel like I could poke the membrane that separates the worlds and cause a dimple.

The walk to work this morning however, saw Richmond drivers yet again at their worst. I arrived at the main road to witness this. The intersection has a fire engine, an ambulance and a police car blocking the road, all with full array of lights going. It is not possible from any direction, to not see this. Someone is being loaded onto a stretcher. So what do the waiting motorists do? Yep, yep, that's right, they all honk their freaking car horns. It was one of those situations where you wish a huge, honking great Monty Python foot would descend from the sky and just squash the feckers.

1 comment:

Sleepy said...

I'd just want to run across their bonnets flashing 'V' signs with both hands!